Sunday, October 20, 2013

Deco Mesh Wreath: Think Pink!!!

Today I wanted to share with you one of my current wreath creations.  My inspiration
for this creation came from one of my sweet neighbors, she is a Mary Kay consultant!
Let me just say I am currently in love with their products so I think her and
I will be good friends:)  I wanted to donate this wreath to her group of
consultants for their local office.  So originally this wreath was supposed to be
a Mary Kay inspired creation but I believe it would work wonderfully for a
breast cancer awareness event or display. 
 
Below is a picture of the supplies I started with:
I ended up not using the M or K because it looked too busy!
Less is more right ??? :)
 
 
For this wreath I used just a standard wire wreath form instead or a
work wreath because I wanted it to have a full look to it.  I attached the
deco mesh with pipe cleaners.  You can cut them in half to get more
out of each pack.

 
Now onto the sign!  I was at Hobby Lobby the other day
looking for some inspiration and came across this sign in the clearance area!!
You gotta love this saying and I think it is perfect for both themes!
I wasn't crazy about the leopard print so I was trying to think of a way to
minimize how loud it was :)  I ended up making a border to cover this area
with washi tape!  Much Better!!

 
Below is a a picture of the wreath after all of the curly Q's have been
added to the form.

 
Adding ribbon is one of the cheapest accents you can add
for the biggest effect.  I used two colors to really tie everything together.

 
The finished product!  Don't mind the corn stalks! 
I like to take my pictures outside because I get better results :)
To make it more of a Mary Kay theme I added a lipstick ornament to the sign.
I wish I could have found more beauty themed items for this wreath but overall
I think it turned out well with lots of flair :)
 
 
Well I guess I better get started on my next creation.......
I made a list the other night of everything I would like to make for Christmas
and if I do the math correctly I should be done by Easter :) 
I would like to thank Pinterest for this problem :)
 
Happy Crafting!!
Mrs. C
 
I will be linking up with the following blog parties!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment