Saturday, October 19, 2013

Brown Sugar, Ham, & Swiss Sliders

Well since we are in football season and always looking 
for simple recipes I think this is one that worthy of A Sunday game:)

I originally found this recipe at www.plainchicken.com
She has the best recipes that actually have ingredients that you can find at the store!!
I tweaked it a bit to make it healthier:) 

Here is the ingredients I used:)
1/2 lb of low fat deli ham
4-5 slices of Sargento's Ultra Thin (40 calories per slice)
1/2 cup Parkay Spray (instead of real butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 package Sister Schubert Hawaiian Rolls (thawed)
Below is a picture of the ingredients I used:


Now here is all you need to do:)

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
In a sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard.  Stirring
continuously.  Remove from heat.

Cut rolls in half.  Brush the mixture on both sides on the rolls.
Layer cheese and ham on top.

Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake an additional
8 minutes.  I also brushed the top of the rolls with the sugar
mixture because it was that good:)!!!

Here is a picture of the end product!!!  I served the sliders with
corn.  The dish kind of had a Sunday ham dinner feel without 
hours of prep!!!

Happy Tailgating!!!
Mrs. C


No comments:

Post a Comment