Saturday, November 3, 2012

Starting My Christmas Projects Early!!-Deco Mesh Garland!


This past Monday I was home all day and actually took some time
to get some Christmas/Holiday projects started!  I see all of these
great ideas every year but by the time I get around to doing it I am
busy shopping and getting ready for Christmas parties! 

So this year I have started early:)  My hubby said no Christmas decorations
can go up before Thanksgiving but he didn't say I couldn't start getting
things together:)

I wanted to share with you two strings of garland I have about 90% completed!
Over the summer I hit an AMAZING garage sale and scored a bunch of Christmas
wreaths and garland for only a $1 each!!

Below is a picture of the garland and supplies used before I
assembled them!

My inspiration came from Christmas bulbs and ribbon
I bought last year at an after Christmas sale at Sam's Club!

I noticed this year that they are also selling 9 ft deco mesh garland
all jazzed up for I believe it is $49.99 or maybe $39.99, don't hold me to that! :)
Anyways where I am going with this statement is that the total
cost of my project below is between $8-$10 and I think it turned out pretty good!


I got the cute little ornaments at AC Moore for 2/$1 :)

Now below you will see that I have added the
lights, deco mesh (both red and green), and started to
weave the ribbon through the branches!



Below is the garland lit with the ribbon added.


Below is a close up of it with some of the ornaments added to it!


Here is the final what it looks like now about 90% finished.
I still have beads and a couple more twigs to add but I want to wait
to I put it out for display because I need to get it out of my
attic craft room to my living room where it is going to be placed on
my piano:)


Here are some fun picks I made out of craft filler balls and
kabob sticks.  I like making these because you can
mix and match and make them any color that you want:)


Here's the a before picture of the second garland!
This one here I used all left over supplies from last year!
I really love all of the fun colors of this piece!

Same process as above with this one.
I added a couple of fun ornaments, ribbon, and bows!

Below is a full picture of the garland.
This one here will also get a couple of extra
goodies once it is place down stairs:)



Here's a side view!
Don't mind my dirty floor:(  That's the only thing
the garland does loose a couple of its needles when
you are adding all of the goodies!


Well I am starting to feel pretty good about getting a head
start on Christmas decorating!

Remember it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to
look pretty:)

Here's to Decorating on the Cheap!!
I will be sharing these projects on the following
FANTASTIC Blog Parties!! :)




Have a Great Week!
Mrs. C




7 comments:

  1. Your Garlands and amazing!!!! You ust gave me the inspiration I totally needed! My entertainment center could use some garland.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garlands look wonderful!! I just love that mesh...thanks for sharing at the party! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!

    Love your blog,


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garlands look great!! I am jumping ahead and doing Christmas projects too. I wait til the weekend after Thanksgiving to get Christmas decor up. I just found your blog and am now your newest follower. Id love for you to follow me back.

    Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....that is ****SOOOOOOOOO***** pretty! I absolutely LOVE it! I may have to try and copy this idea, thank you for the inspiration! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda!
    First off, you totally scored at that garage sale--YOU GO GIRL!

    Your garland turned out AWESOME!!!! I only wish I could do mine half as good as yours! I can't even come close! I wish so bad you could teach me. Yours turned out awesome!!!!

    Hope your week is going great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Can't wait to see them all done and in place -- after Thanksgiving of course :-) Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete