Saturday, December 10, 2011

Deco Mesh Cupcake Wreath!

Who doesn't love cupcakes??

My girlfriend is a pastry chef and absolutely loves
anything with cupcakes on it so I decided to make her a cupcake
deco mesh wreath for Christmas!  I tried to use a lot of fun colors that
were not typically used at Christmas so she could put it out for  a longer
time period.

I started with a styrofoam wreath form and just covered it with a
fun pink glitter ribbon!  She loves pink so this should be a hit:)

Here is a picture of the supplies I used:
Green & Silver Deco Mesh
Pink Glitter Ribbon
Floral Pins to hold the deco mesh in place
Cupcake ornaments to go on the wreath and
some other fun picks to add some jazz to it:)


Here is a picture after the ribbon has been added.
I think it actually looks kind of pretty with just the ribbon
on it!


Here is a close up of the ribbon and the floral pins,
you get the pins at pretty much any craft store.



Below are a few photos of the wreath after the deco mesh
and ribbon were adhered to the styrofoam.


Next I just hot glued the cupcakes, ornaments and present
to the wreath.


And here is how it turned out!
I hope she likes it.  I think the colors are fun and could be used for
other occasions besides Christmas!


The "Noel" is just and an ornament the I attached with
a floral pin so you can remove it when Christmas is over and
maybe re-use this wreath for a birthday or I think it might even be
fun for Valentine's Day!


This is just a lid to an old box that I had in my craft room
that I hot glued to the styrofoam.


Just a close up of the cupcake!



Well I feel pretty today :)
One more project completed!
Cleaned the entire house!
Wrapped a few presents.
Hung the outdoor decorations (I will show those to you later!)
and now I am taking a few minutes to relax!!!


So is everyone getting ready for the holidays?
Anyone having a holiday party?

Please tell!
Happy Holidays!!
Mrs.C

Stop by and check out these great sites!

I will be linking up with:






3 comments:

  1. Amanda...I LOOOVE the cupcake wreath! It's SOOO CUTE! You are so creative and talented!

    Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your wreath. Found you thru Savvy Southern Style. I'm your latest follower. Please stop by and follow back if you wish!

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Please next time add my link or button indicating you have joined my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete