Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making My Own Scrapbox!

Well I wanted to purchase a Scrapbox for many years
but didn't really have or want to spend that much for furniture when we
could put the money towards a more practical purchase:)

I know what is more practical than scrap booking:) he he!
Try explaining that one to your husband!

Here is a picture of the original "Scrapbox" I do love the design of it!

Look at all of those compartments!!
However at almost $1,600 I had to pass and make my own!



Here she is!! Isn't she pretty, he he!!
I bought this piece last summer for $10!  I have to admit I was
really happy with my purchase!
All she needed was her doors put on and a fresh coat of paint!

After: with a fresh coat of paint and no goodies inside yet!!


I did get a new pair of knobs for it at Michael's!
They were only a $1.00 each!


I was able to compress a lot of the clutter in this room with this
piece! I love how organized and easy to find everything is.


This drawer has envelopes:


My scrap paper storage containers:


Misc. Drawer:
Everybody needs one of those!


And finally the finished product in my room!
For only about $15 I have a nice piece of furniture that
stores a lot of supplies with out cluttering up my room:) 


Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have a room tour
up shortly to show  you my new work space:)

Happy Wednesday!
Mrs. C


I will be linking up with these great blog Parties!!

http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/wow-us-wednesdays-49.html

and
http://www.kristenscreationsonline.blogspot.com/

Make sure to check them out!!



3 comments:

  1. I ♥ your scrapbox! It turned out awesome! And what a steal for only $10.00. You totally made it into something so nice and useful. Great job!
    Hope you have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative and fun!! Did you buy that peice at a garage sale or something similar? If so, what a steal!! I might have to get something like that once I get a good collection going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!Nothing like bringing something old back to new. I will look forward to your scrap area because I am redoing my room as well and love to get new ideas. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and join my link up party. TFS Traci Cricutjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete