Friday, January 13, 2012

Changes to My Inside Decor!



So are you beating the winter blues by changing up your decor in your house?

Well after taking down all of our Christmas decorations our house felt
so empty so I decided to go shopping up in my attic to see
what I may have laying around to spruce up our house and
make it feel cozy again! :)

Here is a picture of my dining room from Christmas.
It was so full and cozy.


Here is our dinning room now.

I just changed out the seasonal decor and added a couple of
pieces I had around the house to give it a little flair.
I really like how it turned out and I finally got to hang the picture you
see over on the right!  I had it up in the attic since this past summer.  It
was a Goodwill find for only $7!!  Don't you just love those!


Here's a close up.



The cabinet below makes a great storage area
for all of my entertaining dishes and items that
I don't use daily.  It also makes a nice display area:)
Here she is at Christmas!

I like using everyday items in my house and just adding some seasonal
flair to the pieces!!  I didn't have an extra candles laying around that were
a good size to go in this candle holder so I filled it with pines cones:) 


So I guess my decorating tip today is:
Use items that you currently have in your house!
It saves you money and clutter :)

I am so excited I have plans to work on a few projects this weekend!
I have a dresser that I hope to have finished to share with you!
Also a new layout to my scrapbook room:)!!

Have a great day!!
Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment