Sunday, November 29, 2015

DIY Joy Sign

It's official- the holiday craze has begun!!  I love the Christmas holiday season
but I tend to get myself a little stressed out trying to make everything perfect:)  Like many
of you I am sure!  I am trying to be better this year and get things done
early since we will be traveling to see family this year!! 
I was able to get most of my decorating finished
this weekend!  I am really happy with how both the inside and outside of our home turned
out, I even had a little extra time to complete a "Christmas" themed project
to share with you!  Here I am in full holiday spirit:)
I usually don't take selfies but I was at Michael's on Black Friday
and they were only $3.50 with your extra 30% off coupon so I couldn't help myself!
To be honest I don't think Sean and I laughed so hard taking pictures of us with the dogs!!!
Well worth the $3.50!
 
Now onto the project!  Sorry the pictures are not great I was
working in the upstairs of our garage and thought I better take a before and
after photo!  I used an old piece of wood that I had painted
a long time ago for this project- nothing fancy!

 
Below are the supplies I used.  The wreath I picked up at Michael's
on Black Friday.  They were only a $1.99 and then an additional 30% off!
The candy cane are a little faded but I liked the vintage feel they had!
 
 
I have always loved the signs that everyone makes out of
wreaths and thought I would give it a shot with this old piece
of wood and some paint!  I penciled on the letters "J" and "Y"
before starting in with the red paint!

For the wood not being top quality, I think it turned out pretty!
It kind of has that old vintage-whimpsical feel that I love!


 
See not all Christmas décor has to come from a store!
Get creative with items you have laying around the house!
Did you create anything over the weekend?  I would love for you to share!
 
Happy Holidays!
Mrs.C


No comments:

Post a Comment