Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Going Global!

 Oh Becky, look at her Globes!! :)
Sorry I couldn't help myself!  How many times can you reference Sir Mix-A-Lot
in a home décor blog post!!  Okay I am little obsessed with finding and purchasing globes.
My current collection is only 5 but half of the fun of collecting something
is looking for it!!  I love vintage booth displays and thought I would try to
incorporate some of the ideas into my home office.
One of my favorite purchases and more "expensive" one was my "Vintage"
sign.  I love the industrial feel mixed in with the feminine touches in this room.
This poor little space has changed about 10 times in the last two and a half years!
It is not a huge space so decorating it can be a bit of a challenge.  In the past it
has served as a scrapbook room, workout space, and dressing room. 
I think "home office" is going to be its final destination :)  Think is the key word
in that sentence!  I know Sean will agree with that statement:)

 Just a few close ups of the display.  I hope to grow my globe collection
to fill in the space.

 You have to love the versatility of the Ikea Expedit unit.  This piece
of furniture is definitely one of my favorites in the house.  It gives
you so many options for storage and display.  What better way to hind
your junk and display your items than with an Ikea unit.  Oh and they are
priced well, BONUS!! :)

 

 I spy a "Goodwill" find!!
The yellow wire basket was an awesome find this past
weekend at my local Goodwill.  Tucked back in with a sticker on it
that said $17.94??  Really at the Goodwill, I don't think so!  I trucked
right up to the counter and asked if the price was correct because it
wasn't one of their normal stickers- yes I am there a lot:)
They were happy to re-price it to $4.94 that is much better!
Oh did I find another good deal while I was there,
 but that will have to come later. 
Check back soon to see my next Goodwill transformation!
 
Well there you have it my Globe display and half an office tour.
I have a few more projects for this room so as soon as it is close to
completion I will do a home office tour.
 
Now let's talk about you!
What do you collect or something that you are always on the hunt for?
 
Any Goodwill or frugal finds lately?  I love to see and hear about
hidden treasures that are found and brought back to life so please comment
and share so I may take a look!
I will be linking up with the following AWESOME link parties!!
 
 

Happy Hunting!
Mrs. C
 

No comments:

Post a Comment