Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

 
Happy Memorial Day!
I hope you are enjoying the long weekend with family and friends!
Yesterday we had a cookout to celebrate with friends and neighbors
so I thought I would share with you what I wore and what
I took for a dessert for the party.
 
I decided to go with my navy blue dress since it was a light material
and comfy since it was about 90 degrees here!  I wasn't sure if I would like this
dress when I first bought it because of the side cut outs but it actually is a really
pretty feature of the dress and doesn't expose too much skin which I like:)
I paired it with my new anchor necklace, red and gold earrings, and a nude
pair of sandals.  I really love the navy and nude color combo, such a classic!
 
 
Now onto the fun part................ DESSERT!!
 
Here is a link and video for the recipe!

 
Below is how my cake turned out.  Super easy and so
yummy and you can make it healthy! This is my kind of recipe!
 
In the picture below you see the jello cake before you add the cool whip.
The fresh fruit and jello really give it a light feel that is perfect for a Summer time dessert!
 
 
The finished product!
So it might be a little late for Memorial Day but we still have
Flag Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day coming up so this might be one
you want to try!  Not to mention you could top the cool whip with fresh fruit and
not do a patriotic theme.

 
Happy Memorial Day!
Mrs. C
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment