Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baking Bridal Shower Favor

Today's post is featuring a baking bridal shower favor idea.
I recently hosted my best friend's bridal shower and the theme
we went with was a "Recipe for a Happy Marriage" / "Love is Sweet"
since she is a pastry chef and loves anything to do with baking and cupcakes!
I spent a lot of time looking on Pinterest, Etsy, and other wedding favor
sites looking for favor ideas that wouldn't break the bank!
I didn't really find anything under $3.00-$4.00 a person plus shipping so
when I was at the Dollar Store one day picking up a few items
I found these small bags of cookie mix and thought how cute would
that be as a favor!  So I bought the store out of all they had and made sure
I got a nice variety for the shower.
 
So at each table there were
(2) Chocolate Chip
(2) Sugar Cookie
(2) Peanut Butter
:)
The mixes were a great idea but it just kind of looked too
simple so I got back online and found these adorable mini whisks
at Factory Direct Craft for only $0.89 each!
 The whisks are adorable but really didn't have a function so when
I was at Hobby Lobby I noticed key chain hooks in the jewelry department
and the light bulb came on!  I could turn the mini whisks into key chains
and attach them to the cookie mixes that way!
I think they turned out really cute for only about $2.00 per person
and it was something each person would use!
 
Sometimes we just have to get creative when we are on a budget!
I think that this kind of project could be used for me than
just a bridal shower favor!  Below is a list of couple
different party/gift ideas that I might re-use this idea for!
 
New Neighbor Gift
Christmas Gifts for neighbors, teachers, and co-workers
Kid's birthday party
 
 
 
 
Well thank you for stopping by, I hope this little project gave you
a useful idea for an upcoming event that you may have!
 
I will be linking up with these wonderful blog parties!
 
apinchofjoy.com
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. C
 

1 comment: