Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Jewelry Display: Pegboard

Since we had an extra long weekend I was able
to get caught up on a couple of projects around the house.
One of them being my new jewelry display that I put together
using an old frame that I purchased from a garage sale and a
piece of peg board from Home Depot. 
 
I am sorry I forgot to take a before picture of the frame.  It actually
was a mirror to begin with but it was cracked so I just removed
the glass and kept the frame.  The nice thing about the frame it was
a perfect measurement 2' X 4'!  It worked out great because Home Depot
sells already cut pieces of peg board in this size.
 
Below is a picture of the peg board before I painted it. 
I used an antique white paint that I had left over from another
project so it would show off my jewelry.  You could really use whatever
color you like.
 
 
Here it is after the peg board has been attached to the
frame and painted.  The frame was a bargain for only $5 at
a garage sale and I believe the peg board was between $6 and $8
dollars, so for less than $15 I know have an organized jewelry display
that is pretty and fits in well with my dressing room.
 
 
The finished project with all of my jewelry neatly hung and
easy to get to.  It make getting ready in the morning so much more
enjoyable!  It kind of feels like I am in a boutique:)  I just walk over
and pick out what I want to wear and away I go.  Not to mention at the
end of the day I can easily put away my jewelry instead of letting it sit
on my night stand until I have a tangled mess!
 
Ahhh the things you can do with a little paint and
a piece of peg board :)

 
Well I hope you have enjoyed this simple project and
can possibly put it to use if not for a jewelry display maybe
for another area in your home.  Maybe a craft room???
 
Happy Wednesday!
Mrs. C
 
I will be linking up with these wonderful blog parties!
 


2 comments: