Monday, February 25, 2013

New Pantry Area-Organized!!

I am so excited to share with you our new
pantry area in our kitchen!  We didn't really have this
area before because we really do have plenty of cabinets in our
kitchen but the ones I used for our food storage were
very deep and hard to keep track of what we had.

Here is a small coat closet as you first walk into our kitchen.
I didn't feel as though we utilized the space as well as we could so
I decided I would sweet talk the hubby into putting in some shelves
and turning it into a pantry! 
With a little bit of persistence........... wink wink
He agreed!


 Now on the other side of the kitchen
is where I use to store all of our snacks, can goods, and
pantry items.
I am kind of embarrassed to show this to you because
it is a Hot MESS but it was actually really hard to keep organized!

Speaking of embarrassed I found can good from 2009!!  YIKES!
Needless to say the trash was heavy this week:)

Back over to the pantry area, my hubby was so nice
and surprised me with a fresh coat of white paint!  I think
it really makes a huge difference and is so easy to see what you
have and need to get at the store!
Below are a couple of after pictures with all of
the goodies inside, labeled, and most of organized!
I didn't want to break the bank with this project so I got
all of my containers but two at the dollar store!
With a little imagination, scrapbook paper, and labels
the dollar store container too can be pretty:)

I think being organized has actually helped me cut
down on some of my spending at the store.
Before I never really knew what I had or wanted to take the time
to look through the cupboards because to be honest it was a little
overwhelming! Since finishing this project I take a couple of minutes a week
to go through and see what I have and haven't used and then
build my grocery list from there.  It actually seems like we
have more variety in our meals as well:)

Just a close up of a few of the baskets.
I have one whole shelf devoted to snacks,
the shelf you see in the picture below contains:
Seasoning Mixes
Drink Mixes
Oatmeal
&
Salad Toppings


This project came together after reading the blog
I Heart Organizing!
She is amazing and I love all of her ideas, tips
and decorating for an organized and pretty space!

Make sure to stop by her blog!

This month's challenge is organizing your kitchen!
I finished this one just in time!

Make sure to stop back by to see
what I did with our old pantry closet!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Monday!
Mrs. C

I will also be joining in with the following
blog parties!!
apinchofjoy.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda~
    I love what you did with your new pantry area....it looks GREAT! I love how you organized everything and labeled things. You're so creative, and everything looks so neat and organized. How wonderful!

    I hope the rest of your weekend goes great! :)

    ReplyDelete