Saturday, February 15, 2014

Craft/Office Space Small but Mighty!

 
So for today's post I would like to take you on a very quick tour
of my new office/craft area.  Since moving into our new home I have had this
space in two different rooms:)  As much as I love to craft and scrapbook it seems
like I don't have as much time for it and I am also enjoying other hobbies.  So with
saying that I realized that since I had all of my supplies in a much larger room I spent
half of my crafting time running around the room to gather what I needed.  Now since the
space is A LOT smaller everything is in an arms length and I only keep and or buy
what I need for my upcoming projects.  In the past I would just buy things because
they were a good deal and would never get around to using them!  Since I don't have
the space I don't buy :)  Problem Solved!
 
 The picture below is the entry way to my new room.  I love
the book page wreath I made this past year at Christmas time and thought
this might be the perfect place to put it on display!
 
Now as you come into the room you will see on the right hand side I have
an Ikea Expedit unit, which is key for keeping everything organized in
such a small space!  I believe this room only measure about 6 X 9 so that will give
a better understanding of what I am working with:)
One of my favorite features of this room is the big window in the back of the room,
it lets in so much natural light and makes you feel good when you are working in
the space!
 
 
On the left side of the wall is my desk unit.  This unit works out well
since it doubles as extra storage with the shelving and that you can store
items on top.  The only down side is that it doesn't really allow you to spend out
on a huge work surface.  I have noticed since I don't have a large surface to spread
out on that I do stay a little more focused on the project at hand :)
That is saying a lot for me!!  So I guess there is good and bad with both but
you just need to see what works for  you!
 
I'll go back to the Expedit unit for a minute and give you a better
idea of what I store here:
On top: Speciality Papers-on the racks
On top: Ink Pads
On top: 8.5 X 11 Card Stock
In the first row of cubes: Clear Mounted Stamps & Adhesives
Second Row of Cubes: Idea Books & Paper Packs
Third Row of Cubes: Wood Mounted Stamps/ Misc Items
Bottom Row of Cubes: Punches

 
Now besides the big wall unit I have a rolling filing system
that I got years ago at a garage sale for $7 that holds all of
Scrap paper.  This system seems to work well for me because
I have each section labeled and when I need a certain color or patter
for a project I can go right to it.


Well thank you so much for stopping by my
Scrapbook/Office space!  I hope it has given you some ideas
for your own space even if the space is not huge! 
You don't need a lot of space to be CREATIVE!!
 
Enjoy Your Weekend!
Mrs. C
 


No comments:

Post a Comment