Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Conch Republic-Key West!

Today I wanted to share with you some of our pictures from our
trip to Key West.  We really did have a great time:)
We got very lucky with our weather!  Most days it was
was in the mid to high 70s, which is perfect:)
The week before we got there it was in the 50-60s :(

Here is a picture of the airport as you get off the plane.
The airport in Key West is pretty small but still nice.


Here is a picture of our resort at night by the pool.
We stayed at the Mariott Beachside Resort, which was
very nice and convenient to downtown Key West/Duval Street.


During our visit we did get in two rounds of golf! 


There were quite a few iguanas around the course, which
is something you don't see in PA :)  This guy was pretty big!

Here he is going across the lake!  Boy they are quick!!


Below are a couple of pictures from around the down town area
and Duval Street.

We had a Key Lime Oatmeal Raisin cookie at Kermit's,
I must say it was pretty yummy!

I believe I took this picture after the cookie....
two very happy customers:)

I really love this painting on the building below.
It was done by an artist name Wyland, which I believe just finished his
100th painting on the Great Wall of China! 
Below is his website, stop by and check out all of the beautiful features
he has done!

I think I fit in pretty nice with these turtles!



A picture of the hubby with "Sponge Man"

Of course we had to eat at Margaritaville!
Jimmy Buffet was actually in Key West the week before we were
there at his recording studio, which we also got to see:)
You can't help but feel good with a little bit
of Jimmy Buffet's music on!

A stop by Mallory Square to visit the shipwreck
museum and aquarium.

Below is the view from the top deck
area of the shipwreck museum.  You
get to see how beautiful Key West really is!


Look at these cookies!  I refrained from eating
one but boy it was so tempting.  Every time
we walked by it smelled so good!

At the aquarium we got to hold a conch and got
to see it come out of its shell. They really are kind of
cool looking..............needless to say
I didn't eat any more of the conch fritters:(
I must admit they are very good!

I have to admit this was one of my favorite trips
we have taken! 


I would love to hear if you have any trips planned or
have went on any recently!  I love to hear about new places
to visit!

Thanks for stopping by!
 Mrs. C



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful vacay! I've been wanting to go to Key West now for sometime! Thanks for the reminder!
    =) Brooke

    ReplyDelete