Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Bathroom Closet

Recently I have really been into Spring Cleaning!
This past weekend I tackled another closet in our house,
the dreaded bathroom closet!!!

Here is a before and after picture of my progress.
I didn't really really have to do too much since I got some
inexpensive baskets at the dollar store and re-used the
wicker baskets I got at Christmas Tree Shop!  If you have a
Christmas Tree Shop near you it is a fantastic source for inexpensive
storage solutions!

Before: Stuff kind of everywhere and a lot of items
that just needed to be thrown away!

After:
All items have a home in a basket!
Towels neatly folded and all the laundry is currently done :) !!

The only other thing I would like with this space
is make tags for the baskets and I think it would
look very neat and clean!

What room is going to be my project???
I think the attic but that may take several days :(

What are some household or Spring cleaning projects that you are
currently working on?


3 comments:

  1. Your before was pretty amazing!!! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there's nothing better than a clean closet - I think a clean closet saves time, money, and sanity! Your bathroom closet looks great.

    I thought you and your readers might be interested in a little closet discovery I came across when tackling my and my husband's walk-in closet a few weeks ago.

    We live in a 100+ year old home, so closet space is a premium as many old homes don't have enough.

    Before I began my project I had all wooden hangers. They were very pretty but took up a lot of space and sometimes silk blouses and other delicate items would slip off the wooden hangers and onto the floor.

    I was searching for something better and I discovered the ultimate solution - thin, velvet covered hangers. They can be purchased at Target in a package of 34 for $20. (Well worth the money!)

    Your clothes don't slip off and they actually create twice the closet space. The velvet hangers are nothing like wire hangers that destroy your clothes by leaving funny lumps at the shoulders - so don't worry about that.

    I took everything from the closet and packed the wooden hangers away. It was a little emotional because I was very attached to the look of wooden hangers.

    But, when I realized how many clothes I could hang versus fold in and store in a drawer, I was converted.

    I'd love to hear if anyone else had closet space saving discoveries and great ways to store costume jewelry (my next project).

    Cheers! And, happy spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the hanger idea!! I agree with the wooden hangers, they look so nice but take up so much room:( I think I am going to go and get some of the velvet covered hangers for my closet. I am also currently looking for a jewelry solution, if I come up with something I will post it:) Thank you for your comments! I always love feedback!!

    ReplyDelete