Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'll Be Wearing a Burlap Sack!!

Ok maybe I stole this line from 50 Shades of Grey, but I thought it would
be fitting for today's project:)  Which is a canvas art transformation
from glittered flowers to a unique burlap frame.

The canvas is 24 X 36 that I picked up from the Goodwill for $6.00.
You don't need anything fancy or a brand new canvas since you will be covering it.

This sack was a little smaller than the size of the frame so
I had to cut off the bottom and up the middle so it could
be stretched over the frame of the canvas. 
Here is the fun part- the staple gun!
You will want to staple the sack to the frame and pull it tight.
You will need A LOT of staples!


I wanted this piece to look a little more like a piece
of art work than just a sack so I added furniture nails around
the frame to give it that industrial look.  These are super
cheap and can be found at your local hardware store such as Lowe's or Home Depot.
I picked these up for $1.30/ 25pcs at Lowe's.

The finished products!  I really like how they turned out and
it is a great fit for my gallery wall collection I am starting in our main hallway!




So let's talk numbers because you know when it comes to projects
it is always helpful to know how much you are going to spend!

I was able to make both frames for about $25.00 total.
This total includes the following supplies:
Canvas frames- Goodwill/ Garage Sale
Burlap Sacks - Antique store/ Garage Sale
Furniture Nails - Lowe's
Staple Gun

So now the next time you see an ugly piece of canvas art at the Goodwill
save it and make it into something fun!

I will be linking up with these awesome blog parties:

Please share your burlap project idea:)

Have an awesome day!
Mrs. C


No comments:

Post a Comment