Monday, February 9, 2015

DIY Coffee Filter Wreath for Valentine's Day

It's hard to believe that this Saturday is Valentine's Day!
I usually don't decorate too much inside for V-Day but I
do like to put out a garden flag and I like to have something on
the door so when I saw one of my neighbors have this on her door it
inspired me to create one!  She was so sweet and actually had me over
for a demonstration and wine.  You can't go wrong with a little crafting and
wine.  This is project is pretty simple and can be created in about an hour or less.
 
Here is a supplies list:
cardboard/foam board (Dollar Store)
100-150 Coffee Filters (Dollar Store)
A piece of ribbon (Had in my Stash)
Spray Paint (Had in my Stash)
Phillips Head Screw driver
Box Cutter Knife or Heavy Scissors
Pencil
 
Total Cost of this Project for me: $2.00
 
1. Take your foam board and draw a heart on it
2. Cut Out the heart
3. Take the screw driver and poke random wholes
all over the board- no pattern is really necessary
4. Take your coffee filters and bunch it up like you were putting
tissue paper in a bag.
5. Twist the end of the coffee filter into a tight tip so it
can be poked through the holes on the foam board
6. I would work from the tip of the hear up to the top
7. It should look like the picture below.
 
 
Now here's the fun part- SPRAY PAINT!
Pick any color that you would like to paint your heart.
It will take two coats.

 
On the back of the wreath hot glue your ribbon
so you can hang it on your door or for an inside decoration.
Below are two pictures of the finished project.


 
Not too bad for a $2.00 project that is fun to do with Friends!
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions on the assembly.
 
I am already thinking about all of the upcoming holidays!
 
I hope you FALL in LOVE with this project!
Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment