Thursday, June 2, 2011

Almond Pound Cake Trifle

Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake Trifle!

This is the dessert I made over this past weekend to take to
a Memorial Day party and I was pretty happy with how it turned out!

I think this might be a good recipe for 4th of July also with the
pretty colors!

This is a picture of the finished product!

The top of the layers.

Here are most of the ingredients used.

I made it using all low fat products to cut down the calorie intake:)

I used the Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake for the base
and then layered it with strawberries and blueberries.  Also used beteween the
layers was vanialla pudding and cool whip.  (yummy!!)

Here is the complete recipe:

Absolutely Almond Pound Cake
3/4 Cup (1-1/2 sticks) meleted butter ( I used Light Butter Bonnett)
1 cup water
3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
1-1/2 cups milk
8oz thawed whipped topping
2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
1 cup blueberries if you desire!
A few extra strawberries for garnish

1. Prepare Pound Cake recipe according to the box
2. Combine pudding and milk, whisk 2 minutes; fold in whipped topping.
3. Make 3 to 4 layers of cake cubes, pudding mixture and Sliced Strawberries
and blueberries in a clear glass bowl.  Cover, chill 1 hour. Garnish with additional Strawberries!

Hope you enjoy!
This was a huge hit at the party I attended:)

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing I am so trying this this weekend!!! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete