Monday, June 2, 2014

May Clothing Budget

Here we are at a brand new month!  I just love Summer time!
This past weekend I spent much of my time outdoor working in the
yard and planting flowers!  I am not sure what has gotten into
me recently but I love being out in the flower beds and working,
yes even pulling weeds!
 
Now onto May's Clothing Budget
Each week I put aside $20-$40 depending on what I am
looking to buy for the month to spend on clothing, shoes, and accessories. 
By allowing myself this money out
of each check it makes feel good about the purchases I make and
usually helps me buy more pieces that I will use.
I don't always spend it all so I just roll it over to the next month and put
it towards a larger piece another month.  For example I didn't spend the
full $160.00 so I am going to keep it for a rainy day shopping trip:)
 
Especially after looking at my closet and seeing all of the sandals
I currently own!! Yikes! 
 
Here are the pieces I added to my closet in May:
 
I do tend to buy a lot of accessories each month
because they open up other possibilities in your closet!
 
Necklace: $5 (Plato's Closet)
Earrings: $5 (Plato's Closet)
 
 
Scarf: $5.00 (Plato's Closet)
I love this scarf.  I am a little crazy for the color blue lately
so I know I will get a lot of wear of this piece and be able to
accessorize many outfits!

 
Dress: $12 (Plato's Closet)
This dress is such a fun print and actually much
prettier in person.

 
Fun Print Shirt: $7.00 (Plato's Closet)
I knew when I saw this shirt with all of its bright
colors it would be a piece that could go with so many
bottoms and accessories that I just had to have it!

 
Dress: $12.00 (Plato's Closet)
Another great dress from Plato's Closet!

 
 
Ann Taylor Dress: $10.00 (Second Hand Sam's)
The next few pieces are a steal from a local consignment shop!
Yes $10 for an Ann Taylor dress!  I am so excited to wear this one.
It fits perfectly and is one of those pieces that you just feel pretty in :)

 
Dress: $10.00 (Second Hand Sam's)
Anchor Necklace: (Second Hand Sam's-GIFT)

 
Ann Taylor Linen Pants: $10.00 (Second Hand Sam's)
These pants were such a great buy and will be a nice
addition to my work wardrobe!

 
Total for May: $76.00
Traded at Plato's Closet: -$25.66
Total Out of Pocket for May: $50.34
 
So there you have it! I am big on recycling my clothes so
I can purchase new items.  I always have a bag started in my
closet for consignment or garage sale.  So I would love to
hear if you give yourself a clothing budget or if you have a shopping
method/secret for purchasing new items and keeping your closet
feeling stylish!
 
Happy Monday!
Mrs. C


1 comment: