Saturday, November 2, 2013

Candy Banner for Halloween!

Well can you believe Halloween is over and we are now into
November!!  Yikes, I just don't know where the time goes!
 
Even though Halloween is over I would still like to share with you
a simple and inexpensive project I made.  I wanted to add a little
flair to my candy display for Halloween so I thought a banner would look
nice for the trunk I wanted to use to hold all of our goodie bags!
 
The letters for the banner came from this awesome blog!
 
They let you print any combination of letters you want for FREE!!
 
Not to mention all of the wonderful, creative, and inexpensive ideas they have!!!!
 
Stop by and check them out for sure!
 
Ok so below is the letters I printed out for the banner:
"CANDY"
I did cut out around the letters so you didn't see any of the
white paper.
 
 
I attached each letter to a heavier piece of scrapbook paper,
distressed the edges with ink, and attached the letters with mini
close pins to a piece of string.  The other day when I was at Joann's
they had already started to discount their Halloween items to 70% off
so I picked up a nice heavy Halloween ribbon for $1.49 and used that here to
make bows for the banner!  Each bow received a little skull or hand to give it
a little more creepy feel:) 
 
 
Below is the finished product filled with candy!!
All 150 bags and to think I needed more!
I will know for next year :)
 
 
Lastly I thought I would share a picture with you of what I dressed
up as to hand out candy!  Since Halloween snuck up on me this year I
just had to roll with what I had in my closet! 
Hey at least I matched my DIY witches legs!!

Well I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween!
 
Thanks again to Shanty 2 Chic for making
this project possible!
 
Make sure to stop by their blog to check out all of their talent!!
 
Happy November to You!
Mrs. C
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment